November 2023 - Hobbs Batting
November 9th Presentation: Batting: What’s Inside Matters
Presented by Stephanie Hackney/
Director of Sales & Marketing, Craft & Retail
Hobbs Bonded Fibers
This lecture offers quilters and other creatives a chance to learn all about fibers and batting and covers:
- the questions we ask quilters to assist them in narrowing down the many batting choices to what’s ‘best’ for achieving the results they desire;
- the various fiber types, and pros and (potential) cons of each type;
- what we recommend for specific use cases (modern quilts, charity quilts, art quilts, wall hangings, runners, throws, etc.);
- proper use and care of battings and quilts;
- tips and tricks for best results
- bearding: how to prevent it, and how to fix it if it happens
- and, a bit of fun!
Link to the product reference chart. You will want to have this chart handy during the lecture. https://www.hobbsbatting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Product-Sheet-3-24-2017.jpg
Stephanie is responsible for sales of Hobbs’ craft & retail products, and for all marketing activities centered around the Hobbs Batting brand, including educating quilters and other creatives on the products Hobbs manufactures.
Stephanie has shared her batting expertise through in-person lectures at most major quilt industry events, including Quilt Market, AQS Paducah and QuiltCon, and she continues to share this knowledge virtually.
She has extensive experience in brand management, sales, marketing strategy and execution, and event production across a variety of industries; has served in numerous retail sales and management roles; and, enjoys giving back through non-profit fundraising.